Friday, April 3, 2009
Easter Smores Revisited
I still haven't tasted them yet, man is Lent over yet??
I did however create them in cute little Target pails. I think I like them better than the ones I posted from google images. I think they are adorable, if I do say so myself!
They were super easy. I did change the directions a tad.
1. I took the graham cracker crumbs and mixed the brown sugar in with them. I put all that in a ziploc.
2. Then I placed a cellophane goody bag in the pail.
3. The ziploc went in next in an upright position.
4. I placed the M&Ms around the ziploc.
5. I placed 8 peep bunnies standing up on top of the M&Ms.
6. I gathered the cello bag around the peeps and secured with the twist tie and curling ribbon.
*Hint you must place all the stuff in the cello bag while the bag is already in the pail.
I changed the directions for baking a tad as well. Instead of it ending up as a messy mixture, I turned it into more of a smore pie. You mix the crumbs/sugar mixture with butter and vanilla and then press into a pie plate or small square pan. Then sprinkle the M&Ms and cover those with the whole peeps.
Here is the original post just for your info :D
(Notice Lydia behind the pails eating a peep... I think she is going to turn into a big blog of sugar.