Friday, November 27, 2009

Just Buggin' Challenge 13

Here is my first design team project. The challenge was to sew your die cuts, it could be real machine sewing, hand sewing, stamped sewing or even pin stitching.

You can see other fun projects, or submit your own at .

I had these pictures of Lindsay on a field trip to a local horse farm with her preschool class. I whipped out my Animal Kingdom cartridge and cut out the horse at 5 inches. I wanted to give him a more realistic mane and tail. I used my Bazzil Stich'z flourishes templates and laid them out to give him a mane. My advice for you is to only do one line at a time, when I started I put the whole design on with a pencil and all the dots made my head go crazy so I had to erase and start over.

Here are the two pages, I stitched little yellow x's on the corners of the journaling box and on the focal pics on page 2.

Here they are together.

And a close up of the title. The title font is Mickey Mouse Font cut at 1 (H and A) and 3/4 the rest the letters.


Lynne said...

so creative!!!! I love how you made the tail for the horse!!
Lynne JB DT

JustCrazy4Scrapen said...

I love the sewing on the tail.


Robin's Creative Cottage said...

Great layout!! I love that crazy tail.... what a fun idea.
Robin :)

Mindy (Scrappy and Piggy) said...

what a cute idea to sew the mane and tail!