Monday, November 16, 2009

Card class cards

I mentioned in a few other posts that I was preparing for a card class for my friends. My good friend, Aura, used to teach one of these every year for us to get our holiday cards done, but she recently moved away and it was requested that I do the class.

I was a little nervous because Aura is a really, super talented Card-maker. Her designs awe me!

I got a lot of inspiration from various blogs and tweaked some designs to fit my needs. One came from Christmas with the Cricut (love that blog) and a few were inspired by posts on Split Coast stampers, and still some were my idea!

I made 5 cards, but I am going to blog about 4 because the 5th one is one of my DT projects and I will post it on the DT blog first (in a week or so :D ).

Aura is a big, big SU! user, she used to be my sales rep, so I got loads of sets from her. I made 3 of my cards using SU stuff, and 2 more that were all Cricut.

This one was from Christmas with the Cricut. I loved that they used Designer's Calendar, which was the cartridge I won for being in the Cricut Chirp spotlight. I hadn't really used the cartridge too much so was excited to be inspired by their blog. If you haven't been there it is http://christmaswiththecricut.blogspot.com/.




Here are a few using SU stamps. I pulled ideas from a variety of cards on Split Coast stampers. I love the stamp set Deer Friends. It was a Hostess set that I scored on Ebay for $22. I love it!


This one was using the Mini Mates set from SU!, the paper is from Hobby LObby. I loved this paper, it is not your typical Christmas paper but I think it is just so classy!. I stickled the ornament with black and red stickles. I used the 1 and 3/8 punch to punch through the black layer and the Happy Holidays stamp is on the inside of the card.

Like I said, there will be one more, but it is for a DT challenge so I can't share it just yet.

No comments: